Adding a Valentine’s Day twist to a timeless classic cocktail. The MARTINI Chocolate Negroni.
Valentine’s day has, as with many holidays been commercialised far beyond any original meaning. The pressure on couples to ‘deliver’ with gifts and getaways for each other has increased over the years as the holiday becomes big business.
I for one will be keeping it simple. Staying in is the new going out and I’ll be busy in the kitchen preparing a meal whilst using my expert (I wish) bartender skills to put together my favourite cocktail with a Valentine’s day twist. The MARTINI Chocolate Negroni.
The MARTINI Chocolate Negroni – Ingredients:
- 20 ml MARTINI Riserva Speciale Rubino
- 20 ml MARTINI Riserva Speciale Bitter
- 25 ml BOMBAY SAPPHIRE Gin
- 10 ml Dark Chocolate Liqueur
- 5 ml Maple Syrup
The MARTINI Chocolate Negroni – Garnish:
- Burnt orange wedge
- Chocolate shavings
The MARTINI Chocolate Negroni – Method:
- Fill a rock glass to the top with ice
- Pour MARTINI Resirva Speciale Rubino, MARTINI Riserva Speciale Bitter and BOMBAY SAPHIRE gin – gently stir
- Add in the dark chocolate liqueur and maple syrup.
- To garnish, hold a slice of orange over a flame until it chars slightly, then add to the drink
- Finally, grate chocolate and sprinkle over the top
Check out more of our drinks and cocktail features here.