Burn’s Night Cocktails – Delicious cocktails to help celebrate the Scottish poet.
Rogue Wolf by Regal Rogue and LoneWolf Gin
Robert Burns once wrote a poem entitled Parcel o’ Rogues, so it is no surprise that Scottish distiller LoneWolf, from BrewDog Distilling Co., collaborated with Australian quaffing vermouth Regal Rogue. Much like the 1995 film Braveheart, where Mel Gibson, who spent much of his youth in Australia, played Scottish warrior William Wallace, this is riff on a Negroni will give everyone something to talk about.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice, add 25ml LoneWolf Gin, 25ml Regal Rogue Bold Red vermouth, 25ml Campari, a splash of pomegranate juice and garnish with a orange wedge studded with cloves.
Mulled Social (Distancing) Cider by Three Spirit
From botanical alchemy specialists Three Spirit, this non-alcoholic cocktail is ideal for those who live in larger households, as this recipe serves 7, ideal for a winter warmer before the main event. This recipe includes Three Spirit’s Social Elixir, which contains botanicals that have shown in studies to relax, promote cognitive function and boost feelings of wellbeing.
- Add 1 litre of cloudy apple juice, 350ml of Social Elixir, 3 slices of lemon, 3 slices of orange, 1 stick of cinnamon (broken into pieces) 5 cloves, 1 star anise, 1 black cardamom (cut open) and 5 allspice berries (crush) to a pan and heat gently.
- Once aromatic, serve in toddy glasses with an orange wheel as garnish.
Spiced Hot Buttered Rum by Five Hundred Cuts
If you prefer your desserts in a liquid form, this one’s for you. Using BrewDog Distilling Co’s Five Hundred Cuts rum, with it’s notes of tropical fruit and burnt sugar, this is the ideal cranachan replacement. Perfect for a cosy night in, this recipe incorporates butter for a deliciously luxuriously textured cocktail.
- Combine 100ml of Five Hundred Curts Rum, 200ml of water, 25g butter, 1 teaspoon of simple syrup, 1 teaspoon of sugar (to taste).
- Heat all the ingredients in a pan over a low head and stir so that all the elements are mixed together.
- Remove from the head and strain into a toddy glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel or dried orange slice.