World Cocktail Day is a celebration of cocktails around the globe, marking the publication date of the first definition of a cocktail on May 13th in 1806. Check out London’s offerings for World Cocktail Day 2019 and learn how to make your favourite cocktails at home!
World Cocktail Day 2019 – Grab it at the bar…
Grind – The Grind bars in London are the ultimate trailblazers of the coffee by day, cocktail bar by night trend sweeping the capital.
- Grey Goose Espresso Martini – Grind house blend, Grey Goose and sugar.
- Grey Goose Hot Flat White Russian–Grind House Blend, Grey Goose, Tia Maria, milk.
Laki Kane – Leave the world at the door and explore their award-winning rum and cocktail bar. Hidden in plain sight on Upper Street, Islington.
- Laki Kane Cocktail – Bacardi Añejo Cuatro rum shaken with cupuaçu, sapodilla, coconut water, sugar cane juice, and fresh passionfruit.
Be At One – (Selected London Locations) – Sip on a specially curated Geranium flavoured paint infused Bombay Sapphire G&T, available at Covent Garden, Piccadilly, Spitalfields, Liverpool St, Regent St and Berkeley Square bars with a £5 Cocktail offer available on the Be At One app.
World Cocktail Day 2019 – Make it at home…
Cucumber and dill sour by Bombay Sapphire
For a refreshing taste on a hot summer’s day look no further than the Cucumber and Dill Sour by Bombay Sapphire. Lime and syrup mixed with bitters, egg white (or chickpea water), cucumber and dill. Best enjoyed over ice on a warm, balmy evening and the perfect serve for a mixologist with a more creative mind.
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire
- 20ml simple syrup
- 1 dash celery bitter
- 15ml egg white or chickpea water
- 2 dill sprigs
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a rocks glass and garnish with a sprig of dill inside of a cucumber ribbon
The newly launched Martini Fiero is the perfect ice-cold tipple to enjoy in the sunshine. Bold flavoured and brightly coloured, the bittersweet orange flavour and striking red colour of Martini Fiero are both 100% natural. Designed to be paired 50/50 with tonic over ice and an orange garnish for maximum impact with minimal fuss.
- MARTINI Fiero
- Tonic water
- Orange peel for garnish
50% MARTINI Fiero and 50% tonic water then serve over ice with an orange garnish.
La Vanille Grey Goose Espresso Martini
- 45 ml Grey Goose La Vanille
- 30 ml single origin espresso
- 20 ml part of coffee liqueur
- Pinch of Fleur De Sel
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously
- Strain into a martini glass
- For garnish either 3 coffee beans or cut 1 x fresh vanilla bean in half and with a slit at the base perch onto the rim of the glass.
Grey Goose Le Grand Fizz
- 35ml Grey Goose Vodka
- 15ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 25ml St-Germain
- 60ml Cold Soda Water
- Add spirits and other ingredients to a wine glass
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge
Bacardi Jungle Bird
- 37.5ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 12.5ml Martini Bitter
- 12.5ml Simple Syrup
- 12.5ml Lime Juice
- 50ml Pineapple Juice
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously
- Strain into a highball glass and garnish with orange slice and pineapple leaf
Check out more of our lifestyle features here.