Enjoy the nation’s favourite al-fresco summer sippers with friends.
As we move out of lock-down a catch up amongst friends is well overdue.
New data from Bacardi shows that 71% of the British public claim reconnecting with friends and family is their number one priority post-lockdown, so what better way to celebrate than by coming together over a cocktail?
Conveniently, this Thursday 30th July marks International Friendship Day, so what better time to reacquaint with close friends?
Whether you choose to raise a glass virtually or at a safe social distance, Bacardi Limited has a range of seasonal cocktails that are both simple to make and delicious. Cheers to that!
Al-fresco Summer sippers BACARDÍ Mojito
The classic summer cocktail with mint, sugar, lime and superior white rum.
- 50ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum
- 4 line wedges
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp extra fine sugar
- 25ml soda water/club soda
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in a glass.
- Gently press together the limes and sugar.
- Bruise the mint leaves by clapping them between your palms, rub them on the rim of the glass and drop them in.
- Next, half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum and stir.
- Top with crushed ice, a sprig of mint and club soda.
Al-fresco Summer sippers – BACARDÍ Pina Colada
Dream of sunnier pastures with this creamy, coconut and pineapple delight.
- 50ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum
- 35ml fresh coconut water
- 25ml fresh pineapple juice
- 3-4 chunks fresh pineapple
- 2tsp caster sugar
- Place the pineapple chunks into a cocktail shaker and crush them lightly (using a muddler or bar spoon).
- Then pour in the pineapple juice and coconut water and stir it all up to dissolve the sugar before pouring in the BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Next pour the mix into a tall glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and leaf.
Al-fresco Summer sippers – Patrón Margarita
A timeless cocktail with only three ingredients that is sure to impress guests.
- 35ml Patrón Reposado tequila
- 15ml Patrón Citrónge Orange liqueur
- 20ml Lime juice
- Chill a coupe glass.
- Garnish class with lime wedge and ½ salt rim.
- Add all ingredients and ice to a shaker.
- Shake and strain into glass.
Al-fresco Summer sippers – Grey Goose Cosmopolitan
The classic taste of GREY GOOSE ® joins a splash of Cointreau® in this delicious cocktail.
- 75ml GREY GOOSE Original or GREY GOOSE L’Orange
- 10ml Cointreau
- 10ml Cranberry juice
- Squeeze of lime
- Orange twist
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the first four ingredients in the order listed.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Al-fresco Summer sippers – BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® & TONIC Ready-to-Drink
The world’s number one premium gin as a bar-quality Gin & Tonic serve, whatever the occasion, wherever they are.
Combining the brand’s heralded, vapour-infused London Dry Gin with the perfect balance of tonic water, for a superior taste experience.
Al-fresco Summer sippers – Bombay Sapphire Gin & IT Fizz
Stir your creativity with star anise, lemon, orange, Martini, tonic and a generous splash of gin – our tall Gin & IT Fizz is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire – buy here
- 25ml Martini Riserva Speciale Rubino
- 100ml Premium Lemon tonic water
- Lemon wedge
- Orange wedge
- Star anise
- Squeeze a lemon & orange wedge into a balloon glass then drop in.
- Add the Bombay Sapphire & MARTINI Rubino then swirl well to infuse.
- Fully fill the glass with cubed ice & top with Fever-Tree Tonic Water.
- Gently fold/stir to combine. Finally garnish with single star anise. Enjoy!
Enjoy our piece on our pick of Summer sippers? Check out more of our drinks editorials here.