Last of the Summer Beer Cocktails.
With the UK continuing to go cocktail crazy, some of the biggest names in beer have teamed up with a talented group of drink experts to showcase the ultimate arsenal of beer cocktails to enjoy before the summer fades.
Our pick of the best Summer Beer Cocktails
Stiegl Grapefruit Radler (2% ABV) is refreshing, joyously juicy and the ultimate thirst-quencher. Orange in colour, naturally cloudy and made with real grapefruit juice to provide that terrifically tangy taste. Available in a 500ml can.
Mikkeller Hallo Ich Bin Raspberry (3.7% ABV) is a Berliner-style weisse beer brewed with raspberries. It pours an eye-catching ruby red with big raspberry jam aromas and contrasting tart and sweet dominating the flavour. Available in a 330ml can.
Mikkeller Limbo Series Raspberry (0.3% ABV) is a Flemish primitive no alcohol beer brewed with raspberries. A refreshing non-alcoholic beer made using Mikkeller’s own yeast strain – Mikkellensis. Tons and tons of raspberries are also used for a light, fruity & tart palate. Available in a 330ml bottle.
To Øl 45 Days Organic Pilsner (4.7% ABV) is a crisp and refreshing pilsner with a delicately balanced complexity, thanks to the 45-day fermentation and maturation process. You don’t rush a good Pilsner. Available in a 440ml.
The Green Lady by drink writer Charlie Whitting
- 12 basil leaves
- 50ml tequila
- Squeeze of fresh grapefruit juice
- Stiegl Grapefruit Radler
- Salt (optional)
- Muddle 12 basil leaves
- Squeeze in the fresh grapefruit juice and tequila
- Pour into a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake
- Use a fine strainer to pour into a chilled martini glass (salt rim optional)
- Top up with beer
Ich Bin Raspberry Float by food and drink writer Jonathan Hatchman
- 330ml Mikkeller Ich Bin Raspberry Berliner
- 25ml Gin
- 6 Fresh raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream (raspberry ripple also works as a good alternative, if available)
- Throw a handful of fresh raspberries to a tall glass and muddle.
- Add 25ml gin and 100ml of the beer and stir slowly.
- A scoop of ice cream then fill the glass with more beer.
- Garnish with two fresh raspberries.
Beer Granita by Euroboozer’s Andy Bennett
- 2 bottles x Mikkeller Limbo Raspberry
- 50ml simple syrup
- Raspberry puree (cup of raspberries bashed and mashed)
- 25ml Framboise
- Garnish – Fresh raspberries, sugar rim
- Make raspberry puree by blending a cup of raspberries.
- Add the beer and simple syrup to a large deep tray.
- Pour in the puree and add a few whole raspberries to the mix.
- Place in the freezer, remembering to break up the ice every 20 mins. It should take 2-3 hours.
- To serve, rim the glass with sugar, add a couple of scoops to a glass and then pour over 25ml of Framboise.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
The Mitch Mimosa by Mitch Adams
- 150ml To Øl 45 day Pils
- 75ml grapefruit juice
- 25ml Elderflower liqueur (or cordial)
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and rosemary
- In a champagne flute add the elderflower liqueur
- Next the grapefruit juice and then top up with the Pils.
- Garnish with rosemary and a grapefruit slice.
Check our more of our drinks features here.