It is no secret that London runs of coffee. In fact, 70 million cups of coffee are consumed in a UK on a daily basis (pretty impressive for a tea drinking nation). The trend is far from leaving with the cold brew sector consistently growing over 25% each year after its initial boom in 2016. From beans to brew, Grey Goose has pulled together 5 of the best coffee shops in London that have both your morning caffeine fix sorted and boozy beverages for when the sun goes down!
National Coffee Day – The best coffee shops in London that transform into bars
1. The best coffee shops in London – GRIND
GRIND coffee houses are the trailblazers of the coffee-by-day, cocktail– bar-by-night trend.
- Coffee Cocktail Order: Cornetto Sling – Grind espresso, Grey Goose La Vanille, Frangelico, oat milk (£8.50)
- Address: Royal Exchange Grind 34 Royal Exchange Threadneedle Street, London, EC3V 3LP
2. The best coffee shops in London – Notes Coffee
Notes is a collection of coffee shops and bars serving Notes speciality coffee and classic cocktails, all with a signature Notes twist. They have over 10 locations in London.
- Coffee Cocktail Order: Grey Goose La Vanille Espresso Martini (£12)
- Address: 31 St Martins Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4ER
3. The best coffee shops in London – Chapter 72
Chapter 72 Coffee and Cocktail shop was born out of a passion for great coffee and delicious cocktails in an all day and evening relaxed setting. The boom in coffee cocktails is undeniable, and Chapter 72 have created a coffee inspired cocktail list, with innovative and thought provoking coffee cocktails.
- Coffee cocktail order: Chapter 72 Espresso Martini (£7.20)
- Address: 72 Bermondsey St, Bermondsey, London SE1 3UD
4. The best coffee shops in London – Origin Coffee Roasters Southwark
Coffee roasters Origin will be keeping you up late once again this month with their ‘Origin Lates’ series of coffee cocktails straight from the roastery. The doors are swung open, and the company’s baristas become barkeeps, mixing up their finest beans into all manner of caffeinated cocktails, that go beyond mere espresso martinis. Origin Lates take place from 5pm to 9pm on the first & third Thursday of each month.
- Coffee cocktail order: Espresso Martini
- Address: 84 Scoresby St, London SE1 0XN
5. The best coffee shops in London – Ozone Coffee Roasters
Ozone Coffee Roasters is a well-established specialty coffee roastery committed to all facets of coffee excellence.
- Coffee Cocktail Order: The Earl of Russia vodka, earl grey, lavender, lemon (£8)
- Address: 11 Leonard St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4AQ
Maja Jaworksa, Grey Goose Coffee Ambassador:
‘I think coffee is such a big part in a lot of people’s lives and it has even become sort of a daily ritual for some, so it only makes sense for it to ‘seep’ over into the evening. The iconic Espresso Martini has proven to be a timeless classic, but I think a lot of people are also looking to try something new, which is why coffee cocktails are so popular.
I believe that baristas and bartenders, despite having different crafts, are both quite similar in the sense of hunger for knowledge and innovation. This is the main reason why you see so many baristas learning more about cocktails and also so many bartenders wanting to expand their coffee knowledge.’
Check out more of our features here.