To celebrate National Martini Day we’ve selected some of our favourite twists on the classic Martini.
In honour of the marvelous Martini an array of fine London establishments are offering their take on a classic. Here;s a couple of our favourites together with some Martini recipes to try out at home.
National Martini Day – Savour at the bar
Crystal Star at The American Bar
For a modern martini twist by one of the world’s leading bars, look no further than The American Bar, The Savoy.
The Crystal Star takes inspiration from the suitably names American Bar Song, which is written and performed by their very own resident pianist. The song was released in his fifteenth and Crystal year of playing the piano at the Savoy.
Pickled Distilled Gibson Martini at The Gibson
For one of the most interesting gin martinis in town, you want to head to The Gibson. This unique and creative mix incorporates Star of Bombay and Noilly Prat along with (72 hour) pickled spices!
National Martini Day – Make at home
Grey Goose Espresso Martini
A dark twist on the world’s most popular martini. For a smooth pick me up, this Espresso Martini is an excellent digestif to follow an indulgent meal. The Grey Goose compliments the sweetness of the Patrón, which is perfectly balanced with espresso.
- 50 ml GREY GOOSE Vodka
- 30 ml Single Origin Espresso
- 15 ml Patrón XO Cafe
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 ml sugar syrup
- Garnish: three coffee beans
- Shake and strain
Bombay Sapphire Twice Twisted Martini
Playing around with different vermouths and bitters can really provide an edge to your martini cocktail, allowing you to create your own personal expression. This version with orange bitters and Martini Bianco Vermouth is perfect to be enjoyed during the Spring and Summer months.
- 50ml BOMBAY SAPPHIRE (-18 degrees C straight from the freezer)
- 15ml Martini Bianco Vermouth
- 3 dashes of premium Orange Bitters (eg Bittercube, The Bitter Truth or Angostura Orange Bitters)
- Add all the ingredients to a chilled mixing glass and stir quickly but carefully in a clockwise rotation for 20-25 seconds
- Spritz the oil from the lemon & orange peel garnish twists directly into a well-chilled or frozen martinicocktail glass, then place garnish in the glass
- Strain the well chilled Martini cocktail into the glass, over the garnish then serve
Check out more of our lifestyle features here.